Wednesday, May 23, 2012
Hair: Try Alicia Key's Braided Updo
Alicia Keys was recently spotted at The Billboard Music Awards wearing a design by Azzedine Alaia Couture, Repossi earrings, a Jennifer Fisher hand piece, Brian Atwood heels and a bold braided updo. Do you love her braid so much? Follow step-by-step notes on exactly how to create Alicia's braided masterpiece after the jump.
Her hairstylist, Tippi Shorter gave some inside of Alicia Key's hairdo. Follow the instructions if you are into her braided look.
1. Alicia Keys' hair was shampooed and conditioned with the smoothing collection from HAIR by Tippi Shorter.
2. Ojon Revitalizing Mist was used to detangle and protect the hair from the hot Vegas sun.
3. Her hair was blown smooth using the Brazilian Heat After Dark 1900 watt AC motor dryer.
4. Her hair was gathered in a high ponytail and secured with a bungee band.
5. Control pliable hairdressing wax from HAIR by Tippi Shorter was used to smooth the hair and prevent any flyaways.
6. Using a small amount of Control on her fingertips, she braided Alicia's ponytail, adding in pieces of human hair to make the braid bigger and then wrapped the braid around, crown-like, until she came up with the shape that Alicia "rocked" on the red carpet.
7. Baby bobby pins and finishing spray were used to secure the braid so it wouldn't move.
If you cant quite follow it, take a look a youtube tutorial: